What we believe:
Listed below are the very core beliefs of the church regarding the nature of God, the salvation of mankind and the two ordinances (Baptism and Communion). We believe that all principles and commandments written in the Bible pertaining but not limited to relationship and behavior towards God and men, are to be adhered to and followed.
- The Bible is the divinely inspired and infallible Word of God, written to reveal God’s love towards mankind, containing the authoritative precepts, covenants and instructions upon which our doctrine, conduct, faith and love is based. (2 Timothy 3:16 – 3:17)
- There is one God who eternally exists in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Acts 5:3 – 4, Luke 3:22, Hebrews 1:8, Acts 5:3)
- Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh, the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of a virgin into this world. He is God manifest in the flesh, was crucified, buried and raised from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor for those who believe in Him. He is the Head of the body, the Church and He will come again to gather all of His very own. (John 1:14, John 3:16, Matthew 1:18 – 22, Acts 4:10, Romans 8:34, Colossians 1:18, John 14:3, 1 Thessalonians 4:14 – 17)
- Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth, who indwells every believer at the moment of new birth, upon acceptance of the free gift of salvation. (John 14:17, Romans 8:9, Ephesians 1:13)
- Salvation is a free gift of God offered as grace to all mankind in order to obtain eternal life and escape eternal damnation. All have sinned (missed the mark) and come short of the glory of God and man can never save himself. Because of God’s love for mankind, He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ into the world to die on the cross, where He shed His blood for the remission of all the sin of the world. Jesus was buried and on the third day God raised Him from the dead. Any person that believes on Jesus and all the works He has done to save mankind and, accepts Him as Lord by faith, receives eternal life. (Ephesians 2:8 – 2:9, Romans 3:23, John 3:16, Matthew 26:28, Romans 10:9 -10:10)
- Water baptism by immersion, in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, is an ordinance given by Jesus Christ for all who repent as a walk of obedience to publicly proclaim their association with Him, signifying being buried with Him and committing to walk in the newness of life as Jesus Christ was raised from the dead. (Matthew 28:19, Romans 6:4 – 6:50)
Promote continuous growth in Christian faith, knowledge and behavior patterned after the new testament church as described in Acts 2:42
Acts 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Action: GROW IN CHRIST
Focus: Steadfast in Doctrine (Word), Fellowship, Worship, Prayers
Serve God in building up the Church of Jesus Christ by proclaiming His love through His Word and through the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
1 John 4:9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
2 Timothy 3:16 – 3:17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
1 Corinthians 12:4 – 12:7 There are diversities of gifts but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. There are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the spirit is given to each one for the profit of all.
Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Action: SERVE GOD AND FELLOWMEN
Focus: through God’s Church, God’s Love, God’s Word, God’s Spirit
The Leadership Team